IED was formed to increase the competitiveness of independent
electrical distributors in Canada. Today we collectively represent over
140 branches and close to 20% of the market for Canadian electrical distributors.
We are a force in our markets and negotiate on your behalf to make you
competitive on a national scale. We also create several different marketing
initiatives to improve your ability to compete in your local market. A
summary of marketing and other activities are shown below:
- I.E.D. uses its Marketing Activity Reward program
(MAR) to provide incentives IED distributors for completing marketing
activities with or on behalf of our approved suppliers. Members benefit
financially from the MAR (paid quarterly) as well as through the increased
sales generated from these activities. IED is marketing and our members
find many innovative ways to attract customers.
- I.E.D. Rewards is a customer based rewards program.
Customers earn points for the sale of selected supplier’s products.
The program is operated through a not for profit corporation where all
costs are marketing or rewards based. Results of this program are significant
increased growth levels for our members.
- Promotional marketing funds management.
- I.E.D specific supplier promotional programs.
- I.E.D. provides our members with a consistent platform
of geographically dispersed entrepreneurial branches coast to coast.
Our experience indicates that National Account customers have a preference
being serviced through owner operated businesses. I.E.D. creates a mechanism
and a consistency to give the National Account customers exactly what
they want, entrepreneurial service 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Bulk buys, providing additional profitability to
- Excellent payment terms.
- Networking meetings.
- Liaison meetings to keep you up to date on the opportunities
and challenges within the partnership.
- Suppliers Conference—Two solid days of management
to management meetings with suppliers.
- Annual General Meeting—a fun get together and
presentation of our annual audited financial results.
- January Members Meeting—to clarify opportunities
created by our negotiations team.
- Executive Training Seminars—the I.E.D. General
Partner Training series brings in top speakers on current topics all
at no cost to you.
Interested in becoming